APEX is solving the global shortage of bees by revolutionising the pollination service industry. We help farmers win at pollination by using science and technology to create strong and healthy hives at scale. We are growing rapidly.
We are looking for a Finance and Operations Manager to join our team to develop a finance function and help run operations.
This role will require someone who is enthusiastic and proactive, with a sharp analytical mind that has a desire to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, high-growth startup environment with the founding team.
What you’ll do
- Manage APEX’s suppliers and customers
- Implement and manage the finance, accounting, internal control and compliance functions, continuously ensuring that our standards are high
- Manage external stakeholders, including bookkeepers, auditors and bankers
- Manage APEX’s cash and working capital effectively
- Analyse, report and communicate APEX’s financial information to ensure the best decisions are being made across the company
- Effectively implement key HR functions, such as leave management, ESOP, employment offers and contracts, employee safety elements, etc
- Enable APEX's growth with ad hoc missions on expansion, fundraising and internal operations
What you should have
- CA (SA) qualification
- 2-5 years experience as a Financial manager and/or Financial Accountant
- Experience with international structuring is a bonus
- Be a tech power user
- Be disciplined, get things done and be a self starter
- Have a high attention to detail and be organised
- Be analytical, and a problem solver
- Understand the difference between the realities of doing business vs. accounting
- Have excellent communication skills
- Work well in an unstructured environment and enjoy creating structure
- Be practical, savvy, resourceful